Nobody Listens to Me

My 8 yo daughter is beginning to relate to Calvin more and more. Some time back, I pointed out how she called Calvin her brother. But that was before she read this strip:
Having read this, she announced that she agreed with all of Calvin’s points on how school could be improved, except the one on taking away the other kids. And then she said:
“Like Calvin, I too have stuffed toys. And like him, nobody asks for my opinion on anything. Even though, I too have many ideas.”
She also shares Calvin’s dinosaur fascination and loves his attempts at using a time machine to, er, avoid homework. Is it then at all surprising that she ended her rant with this line?
“Calvin’s my twin.”

On a tangential note, I find it scary that at 8, she’s already complaining about her voice not being heard. I shudder to imagine how she’ll feel when she’s a teenager…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student of the Year

Animal Senses #7: Touch and Remote Touch

The Retort of the "Luxury Person"