Helping Around


Thanks to the coronavirus, and thus the absence of the maids, our 8 yo daughter is called upon more than before to chip in with housework. Obviously, my daughter has no interest in doing any such thing. Unsurprisingly then, interactions like this are all too common:
Given all that, I am sure my daughter can relate to this Calvin claim, but I hope she’s smart enough never to say it:
When you see someone doing something all the time, if you’re 8, you assume they must like doing it. I realized this when my daughter saw her mom doing housework, but for the first time, with her earphones on. Upon which she commented:

“Finally… even amma finds housework boring. That’s why she has her headphones on.”

There’s hope for her yet, my daughter seemed to be saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student of the Year

Animal Senses #7: Touch and Remote Touch

The Retort of the "Luxury Person"