Sharing Via Facebook


I have this retired uncle of mine who sends (e)mails of pretty much everything that he finds interesting during the course of the day. Including huge attachments. I so wish he would switch to posting that stuff on Facebook instead. Where I can choose to ignore it or watch it; anything instead of flooding my mailbox.

Of course, most people flood Facebook with any and all personal trivia, not just stuff they found interesting on the Net. Which is why Alan Jacobs wrote:
“I’ve heard people say that they don’t get together for dinner or drinks for friends as much as they used to because they stay in touch so regularly on Facebook and Twitter that it seems unnecessary. People who live two miles from one another could end up two thousand miles apart without any evident change in their relationship.”

I realized I must have unconsciously decreased that “two miles” radius Jacobs talks about to two feet! The realization hit me when I didn’t tell my wife about this award I won at office and she got to know about it when one of my friends congratulated me for it on…Facebook!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student of the Year

The Retort of the "Luxury Person"

Animal Senses #7: Touch and Remote Touch