How Kids View Their Parents


When I started reading Calvin and Hobbes, I was always struck by the range of topics Bill Watterson could cover. On the topic of how kids view their parents, this line by Calvin says it all, across space and time:
 “I am related to people I cannot relate to.”

As I’ve grown older, I can still appreciate and enjoy how Calvin views the world, but I increasingly find that my 8 yo daughter too can relate to Calvin. Like the time she read this strip:
So how do I know she could relate to the strip? Like all kids, she has the subtlety of a sledgehammer. She turned to me and said, “I feel the same way about you”. And then added the final nail to the coffin:

“It’s almost as if Calvin is my brother.”

Ouch! The shoe is now on the other foot, and I don’t like it one bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student of the Year

The Retort of the "Luxury Person"

Animal Senses #7: Touch and Remote Touch