Women and Food

Funny thing happened over lunch today. One of my friends who opened his lunch dabba exclaimed, “Looks like I got the wrong dabba today!” He went on to explain that his sister-in-law was visiting and he must have brought her dabba by mistake. And how did he know that? Because it had eggs with the yolk. And his wife would never allow him to have the yolk. Cholesterol and all that. And so our man happily gulped down the entire egg, yolk and all.

Which set me thinking. About women. As grandmothers, they spoil you crazy with every conceivable goody, that needless to say is terrible for your health when you grow up. As mothers, they try and juggle what’s tasty with what’s good for you. Not always successful, but at least they try. Then comes the wife. She’s all business: “Eat this. Avoid that. Otherwise I’m the one who’ll have to take care of you when you are old and have all weird problems.” Yeah, yeah, I know they mean well, but hey, the heart wants what it wants.

I wonder how daughters are on this front?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student of the Year

The Retort of the "Luxury Person"

Animal Senses #7: Touch and Remote Touch