Art Wars


One time my 6 yo (year old) daughter quickly doodled this pic of sea-life:
Not satisfied with my complement, she showed her mean streak challenging me to draw a dolphin. I drew this:
She dismissed it as a pitiful effort, adding insult to injury by offering to teach me how to draw a dolphin. Deciding to change the terms of engagement from drawings to text, I responded with a speech callout:

She responded by drawing another dolphin (she didn’t want to ruin her masterpiece, apparently) and pasting her own callout:
To which I responded with:
The all caps was for emphasis, something lost on her. She misunderstood it as an escalation to war with font styles, because she wrote this next:
Assuming it was an “L” followed by an (unintentionally) inverted “i”, I smugly told her that’s not how the word “Lie” is spelt. I was promptly corrected:
“No…. I wrote ‘L’ followed by an exclamation mark. ‘L’ for ‘Loser’”.
The statement was accompanied with the universal loser sign: the letter “L” made by her thumb and index finger placed on her forehead.

Ok, kiddo, you won this round.


Comments

  1. I remember when she was all of an year old and for the very first time saw us make the loser sign. You had used both arms instead of the fingers. It was amusing to watch her eyes trace your hands first the vertical and then the horizontal part of the L. I have such vivid memories of that day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one thing to enjoy a blog which includes a picture or two. But having a picture show taking over is altogether something else!

    Through words and this time through graphics one thing is surely there for the reader: a well presented parent child (6 year old) exchange, laced with humor while not losing focus on child psychology.

    On the whole the blog writer doesn't seem a L!, but a W!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Student of the Year

The Retort of the "Luxury Person"

Animal Senses #7: Touch and Remote Touch